Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good side dish that was based on a recipe from an Italian site.
- 500 g dried white beans
- 50 g finely minced canned tuna
- 2 hardboiled egg, well crumbled
- 2 anchovy fillets (minced or ground in a mortar)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 big mint leaves, shredded
- 150 ml of good extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the beans overnight, then boil them in water that covers them by 2 inches until tender.
- Drain them well and put in a bowl.
- While the beans are cooking, combine the other ingredients in a bowl, whisking them well.
- Pour the sauce over the beans and serve them at room temperature.
Loved this vibrantly-flavoured salad. Had it as a main course for Saturday lunch along with dense, seeded whole-meal bread. It was fantastic.
I used cooked, canned canneloni beans as we were on holidays when I made this. I really enjoyed it, but next time I think I would add a good squeeze of lemon juice to counter the olive oil. Simple to make, and yummy flavours though thank you Latchy.