Prep 6 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 cups cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- hot water
- salt and pepper
- lemon, cut in wedges
- extra virgin olive oil (for serving)
- Soak beans in 5 cups water and the flour overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine with sage and garlic.
- Pour into a 1/2 gallon Mason jar.
- Add olive oil and enough hot water to reach 3/4 of a inch above the beans.
- Place jar in rear of oven, partially covered with foil and bake until beans are just tender, about 2 hours.
- Beans should cook at a very slow simmer--adjust oven temp if necessary.
- Transfer to bowl, season to taste.
- Serve warm, drizzled with olive oil and lemon on the side.