Recipe by Elizardbeth
This was a dish served at the Tiki Theater Village in Moorea, FP. We absolutely loved the dish and we found a version of this recipe online. It goes great with the Tahitian Tuna (Poisson Cru) Tahitian Tuna (Poisson Cru) for an appetizer and Tahitian Coconut Bread Tahitian Coconut Bread for dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach, stems removed, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 -3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large pot. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil. Remove to a plate.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger in the remaining oil till the onion is cooked through.
- Add chicken pieces, stock, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes .
- Add spinach and simmer another 15 minutes till chicken is tender.
- Stir the cornstarch into 2-3 tablespoons of cold water and then stir into the simmering sauce to thicken lightly.
- Stir in coconut cream to finish and serve over rice.