1/4 Photos of Face Paint
Of all the face paint recipes that I've seen and the one that I tried before this, I like this one the BEST (differnt from the other on Recipezaar). Skeptical at first, but the paint actually dries (may take about 10 minutes or so) and isn't sticky like I would think. My DD has had it on all day and it hasn't rubbed off on any of our furniture, carpet, etc. She loves it! Also, this face paint is thin (not like the other crisco/cold cream recipes) and comes off easily with soap and water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cornstarch and flour together in a bowl.
- 2Gradually stir in Karo syrup and water until smooth.
- 3Divide mixture into individual containers as needed (Mix and store in baby food jars or discarded film canisters - or Glad plastic ware cups/lids --- see pictures).
- 4Color each one with the food coloring of your choice until you reach your desired color (I like mine darker -- they seem to show up on the skin much better). Leave one batch untinted.
- 5NOTE: I felt the mixture was thin so I added another tsp or so of cornstarch. The recipe didn't say to do this, but the face paint still worked.
- 6NOTE: If using the gel food coloring (I find the colors are more vibrant), you will want to mix with your spoon first and then put the lid on the container and shake, shake, shake to mix it all up. Otherwise, your paint will be speckled with "pieces" of the gel food coloring.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Face Paint
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 224.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 68.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g