Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Yummy hot chocolate made without using chocolate. It sounds to good to be true, but it isn't! Just wait till you try it and see for yourself. My five year old sister adores this and she loves to scoop up the yummy froth. You can even add a little bit of coffee (lesser quantity than Milo) to add a mocha hit.
- 200 ml milk
- 3 teaspoons milo or 3 teaspoons ovaltine, powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar, as desired
- 1⁄3 teaspoon milo, Ovaltine (extra, for sprinkling on top) or 1⁄3 teaspoon cocoa powder (extra, for sprinkling on top)
- Pour about 200ml of milk into your microwave safe bowl. Put it in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Get your favourite mug out. Fill it with the 3 teaspoons Milo & the sugar.
- Mix it together using a teaspoon.
- When milk has become warm, whisk it (using the whisk of course!) immediately. You should notice a frothy layer of milk forming at the top.
- Pour the hot milk (with exception of froth) directly into the mug from the bowl. All the milk that is not frothy should automatically pour into the cup.
- By this stage, you should have the milk froth left in your bowl. Before you do anything else, mix the Milo and hot milk together in the cup.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the froth from the bowl and layer it on top of your Milo Hot choccie. The amount of froth and how fluffy it turns out depends on how well you have whisked the hot milk.
- Now, sprinkle a little bit of extra Milo or cocoa powder on top of the froth, and let it sit for about a minute.
- Your hot chocolate is ready. Sip it. Spoon it. Lick it. Yum.