Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A co-worker of mine gave me this shrimp recipe right off the top of her head when I needed to make appetizers for the holidays. I am unsure as to where she got it. It is extremely easy, fast, delicious, and versatile. It can be used as an appetizer or a main dish.
- In an 8-12 inch skillet melt 1 cube of butter over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of salsa, juice from 1 lemon, and 1 pound of previously peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Turn burner up to medium-high heat and cook shrimp until thoroughly cooked.
- Approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 4 tablespoons of fresh cilantro.
- FOR SPEED IN PREPARING THIS DISH, I PURCHASE MY SHRIMP PEELED AND DEVEINED.
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO PEEL AND DEVEIN THE SHRIMP YOURSELF, IT WILL ADD SUBSTANTIAL PREP TIME TO THIS DISH.
- This shrimp mixture is very colorful and quite soupy.
- Served as an appetizer it is perfect with sliced baguette bread.
- The shrimp is delicious in itself, but the bread is perfect for soaking up the delicious broth from this shrimp.
- The great thing about this, is that it can be served hot or at room temperature.
- As a main dish this is perfect to pour over leftover cooked rice or pasta!
This is great! It was even faster for me because I cheated and used some precooked shrimp so I just thawed the shrimp and tossed it into the melted butter, cooked for a minute just to warm the shrimp and the added the rest of the ingrediants. I'm going to eat it over some egg noodles because those cook up so fast also. This really is great.
Fabulous! I can't believe something so good is so fast and easy. Trying to save a few calories, I cut the amount of butter in half and served it over brown rice. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This is absolutely delicious!!! So easy and quick - a keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing! :)