This is an inherited recipe from a member who no longer frequents Zaar. Keeping the mixture at room temp and then keeping the muffing cups as piping hot as possible before getting the mixture into them is the true key to success... the rosemary and cayenne give this a real " something extra". Enjoy ! ZWT REGION: England.
- In a bowl combine flour and salt.
- With a handheld mixer add the milk, in a stream, until smooth.
- Add water and eggs and beat until combined well and bubbly.
- Let stand, covered, at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Divide drippings among eight muffin pan cups.
- Heat the cups in the oven until almost smoking.
- Beat batter until bubbly, stir in rosemary and cayenne, and divide among muffin cups.
- Bake 10 minutes in lower third of the oven without opening the oven door.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for another 10 minutes until puffed, crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.