Recipe by the80srule
All you need are the ingredients and very basic kitchen tools! It's up to you what you want to freeze them in, like little bowls or ramekins, pop molds, etc. I used 4 texas muffin size silicon cups. No steeping either-- just pure matcha powder, which can be found in Asian grocery stores and online. Matcha packets are typically 5 grams, I used two for ultimate flavor. WHOLE MILK YOGURT is a must for this, using low or non fat yogurt will result in a crystallizing consistency similar to ice milk! I used Sun Crystals which works like Splenda Granular (you use 1/2 of what the recipe calls for) but am posting the nutritional info for sugar because Sun Crystals didn't register.
- 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or 1/8 cup Sun Crystals or Splenda Granular)
- 10 g matcha green tea powder (two 5g packets)
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the yogurt in a bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar, then carefully beat in the matcha packets to make sure they disperse evenly and there are no lumps. The yogurt should be a very pale green now.
- If you want to add the food coloring, add a few drops to your liking for presentation to deepen the matcha coloring and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into pop molds, ramekins, etc. and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.