Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Super easy, these brownies draw raves as if I were baking all day. I like to make these, regular brownies and cream cheese brownies at the same time and serve a variety plate. (I found this recipe online somewhere in the last few years, not sure of the original source.)
- 1 (18 -24 ounce) package brownie mix (your favorite)
- 3 eggs (to prepare brownie mix under "cake" instructions)
- 1⁄4 cup water (for brownie mix)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (for brownie mix)
- 3 3⁄4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans (or any kind of nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9X13X2 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare your favorite brownie mix according to package directions for cakelike brownies. The amount of eggs, oil and water in the ingredients above are common to most prepared brownie mix instructions (for cakelike brownies), but follow your box exactly.
- Spread the brownie mix evenly in pan. Bake 16-18 min or until brownie is set. Do not overbake! You are just trying to set the batter, not finish it.
- Layer coconut and chocolate chunks over brownie base.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut and chocolate chunks.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until edges of coconut are deep golden brown and nuts are lightly toasted.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Step back and hear the applause.
Oh my, these are sinfully rich and delicious. I cut my bars way too big, so next time I know keep them smaller. But they are really really yummy. Thanks for sharing with us.
Just made these & split it in half..one with pecans & one with coconut....can't wait to compare & see which is best..great ending for our Super Bowl party.
Wonderful! My only complaint is that it's still gooey in places, even after I baked it for an extra ten minutes.