1/3 Photos of Fabulously Easy Coconut Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
Super easy, these brownies draw raves as if I were baking all day. I like to make these, regular brownies and cream cheese brownies at the same time and serve a variety plate. (I found this recipe online somewhere in the last few years, not sure of the original source.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 -24 ounce) package brownie mix (your favorite)
- 3 eggs (to prepare brownie mix under "cake" instructions)
- 1/4 cup water (for brownie mix)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (for brownie mix)
- 3 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans (or any kind of nuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9X13X2 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Prepare your favorite brownie mix according to package directions for cakelike brownies. The amount of eggs, oil and water in the ingredients above are common to most prepared brownie mix instructions (for cakelike brownies), but follow your box exactly.
- 3Spread the brownie mix evenly in pan. Bake 16-18 min or until brownie is set. Do not overbake! You are just trying to set the batter, not finish it.
- 4Layer coconut and chocolate chunks over brownie base.
- 5Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut and chocolate chunks.
- 6Sprinkle with nuts.
- 7Bake 20-30 minutes or until edges of coconut are deep golden brown and nuts are lightly toasted.
- 8Cool completely. Cut into bars. Step back and hear the applause.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulously Easy Coconut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (2001 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g