Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From THE REALLY GOOD FOOD COOK BOOK. One of the great side dishes of all time! You can innovate with different cheeses.
- Grate zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add scallions, garlic and blue cheese.
- Add the eggs.
- Blend well.
- Salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the flour a little at a time.
- Blend until you have a batter suitable for frying.
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil.
- Heat over medium-high.
- Spoon the fritters into the hot oil.
- Brown on each side.
Very tasty. Easy to make. Next time I think I will use onions instead of scallions and another clove of Garlic. Good recipe!
Delightful, Sandra! These could be served perfectly as an appetizer with a simple sauce. Don't skimp on the salt & pepper! Thanks for posting, Sandra!
Made a double batch of this with one zucchini and one yellow squash, farm fresh eggs, cheddar cheese and added a bit of cayenne, thyme, and basil and they were a huge hit at work! I also added a bit of butter to the olive oil (for flavor) Thanks :)