Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini, peel if desired, grated
- 1 cup nuts, chopped, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together eggs, oil and applesauce. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Grease and flour loaf pans.
- Large loaf pans bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Small loaf pans bake approx. 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cooling racks and let cool until slightly warm before removing.
- Because this is a moist bread it freezes very well.
This bread is excellent! I followed the recipe exactly and it made two delicious medium sized loaves. One to keep and one to share...maybe :-)
I love this bread - it is moist and flavorful and very easy to make. I did cut back the sugar by 1/2 cup and could even do with a wee bit less for my tastes. I used all the spices and like the combination very much - did not peel my zucchini - added chopped toasted pecans. I am going to whip up another couple of batches to have some for the freezer and to give to friends. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
This zucchini bread is fabulous. I have made it twice this week and have received rave reviews from family and friends, including my four year old son. This bread freezes very well. I find that I do have to bake it for quite a while. I am using four smaller bread pans (not quite mini I guess) and it is taking about 50 minutes to get the bread completely done.