Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
Very easy, yet very good wet burritos. I got this recipe from a friend, and everyone I serve them to asks for the recipe. Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa
Top Review by Free Willy
These are really good. This is my second time making them and they went together so easily this time, and you can finish them in the microwave so fast, they are destined to become a favorite, and I whip up some darn good grub.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Add onion, and cook until translucent. Drain grease, and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies and refried beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the chili without beans, tomato soup and enchilada sauce. Mix well, and cook over medium heat until heated through. Turn off heat and keep warm.
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate, and spoon a generous 1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture onto the center. Top with lettuce and tomato to your liking. Roll up tortilla over the filling. Spoon a generous amount of the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.