Recipe by Central Bama Chef
A large recipe of vegetable soup. If you want even more flavor cook the soup the day before and reheat portions on stove top. 24 hours in the refrigerator really brings out more flavors. This is great with some homemade cornbread.
Top Review by steeldogs
This soup is wonderful. I used a little more salt while all the ingredients were cooking to fit my taste but overall I WILL make this dish again. I even included the elbow macaroni which really added another dimension to what can sometimes be a boring meal. Great job!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can okra
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can Veg-All, original mixed vegetables
- 2 (15 ounce) cans potatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 rib eye steaks
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up rib eye steaks into bite size pieces cutting fat away from meat. Place in a large skillet with 2-3 cups of water, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Add 2 tbsp Olive Oil and boil for 20 minutes or until meat is tender. While boiling meat skim fat from top of water and dispose.
- While meat is cooking sauté onions in 1 tbsp of Olive Oil. Use the same pan the meat is in if you prefer not to dirty another pan after meat is cooked.
- Chop or dice potatoes and onion.
- While meat is cooking put the potatoes and the remainder of ingredients minus the macaroni in a large pot and bring to boil then turn down to med to med-high. Fill 1 28oz can with water and pour in with mixture.
- Once onions have cooked put meat, onions and optional macaroni in pot with other ingredients.
- Let cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour so flavors will thoroughly blend and pasta will cook.