Recipe by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
I was on the lookout for low-fat tortillas and I ran across this recipe! It is from the Casa Milagro Bed and Breakfast! n.b. Don't over cook! Only until dry on each side! I enjoyed them and I hope you do too! Enjoy! Jelly :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip light
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients and mix dough. Important - make the tablespoon of light Miracle whip heaping! Make sure your water is very warm! Knead dough only 20 seconds. If dough doesn't come together add a little more water. Dough should be supple and soft. Shape into balls and roll into discs. I get about 8. Size is your choice.
- Flatten with your hands first and then roll on a lightly floured surface. Cook on hot griddle both sides. Griddle should be hot enough that you can place your hand 2 inches above it.
- Cook on each side turning when dry, about 10 seconds (light brown spots) remove and place on a warm dish towel if you do not have a tortilla warmer.
- Brush with Promise Margarine and serve with honey.
- DH likes his toasted in the toaster oven and served with a scoop of ice cream, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.