Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great summer salad. I bring it to barbecues and potlucks and it always vanishes quickly. The Chinese Style Sausage may be found at any asian market.I found this in Thai Cooking Made Easy and played with it a little.If you don't have fresh chilies red pepper chips work well.
- 2 Chinese sausage
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced chili
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded gingerroot
- Cook sausages, thinly slice on the diagonal set aside.
- Mix next four ingredients then add all ingredients with sausage.
- It is best to serve when the sausage is still warm and the cucumber and red onion is cool.