Recipe by Little Bee
These are fabulous and so easy to make! Low carb too!
Top Review by YiayiaMouse
These were a real hit at the engagement party we hosted. They were the first to disappear! Personal preference that I will add more bleu, less cream cheese and lots more scallions - but that's just preference! The only note is that I had between 1/3 and 1/2 of the stuffing leftover. Just FYI. Thanks for a great hor d'oeurve, Little Bee!
- 2 lbs medium mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup.
- Cook 1 pound of the mushroom caps in 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain off fat.
- Repeat with remaining 1 pound of mushroom caps and 3 tablespoons butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and blue cheese, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in chopped stems and green onions; fill mushroom caps.
- Place on cookie sheet and broil until warm and tops are golden brown.