Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this from a grocery store website, and I must say its so good!
- 4 -6 medium firm zucchini
- 6 -8 slices prosciutto ham
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash zucchini skins and cut off stem end. Make a lengthwise slit and scrape out zucchini pulp and set aside.
- Place zucchini shells in water to boil and season with salt (to taste). Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Chop ham, onion, tomatoes, garlic and mix together with the zucchini pulp in a frying pan. Drizzle oil and some of the bread crumbs in the mixture. Lightly brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer zucchini shells to a baking dish and fill with mixture. Top with shredded cheese and remaining bread crumbs. Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve while hot.
- • Pre-chop the ham, onion, tomatoes, and garlic to save on prep time.