1/3 Photos of Fabulous Steak Fajitas
Barb Gertz's Note:
We love Fajitas, this recipe is very good. I found the recipe in a local news paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 226.79-283.49 g filet of beef, trimed of all fat
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, heated
- guacamole or avocado, slices
- sour cream
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, as needed
- 1Spray a large, non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and add 2 teaspoons olive oil; Add the onions and green peppers and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- 2Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute more; (this can be done a day ahead and reheated) Or kept warm while steaks are grilling.
- 3Grill the meat to rare to medium rare as you like; then remove from heat and cut into strips on a cutting board.
- 4Add the hot cooked steak and cilantro to the warm peppers and onion and mix together in skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, just to blend flavors.
- 5Serve with warm corn tortillas, sour cream, salsa and avocados as garnishes.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Steak Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef