Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love Fajitas, this recipe is very good. I found the recipe in a local news paper.
Make and share this Fabulous Steak Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 -10 ounces filet of beef, trimed of all fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, heated
- guacamole or avocado, slices
- sour cream
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, as needed
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and add 2 teaspoons olive oil; Add the onions and green peppers and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute more; (this can be done a day ahead and reheated) Or kept warm while steaks are grilling.
- Grill the meat to rare to medium rare as you like; then remove from heat and cut into strips on a cutting board.
- Add the hot cooked steak and cilantro to the warm peppers and onion and mix together in skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, just to blend flavors.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, sour cream, salsa and avocados as garnishes.
I've been reprinting recipes from my recipe notebook and realized I had not rated this before. I did, however, jot down "DELICIOUS" on the page and that I used left-over, seasoned Porterhouse steak cut in thin strips. Added just a bit of Fajita seasoning along with your herbs and squeezed some lime juice over mixture before serving.
I made this served with Pineapple salsa Pineapple Salsa, My Smoky, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa Verde, fresh avocado slices and sour cream. So much vibrant flavors. Served it with corn tortillas and flour tortillas. The beef I had grilled the day before for an other meal. So this is a great way to use leftover meat. Thanks Barb!