We love Fajitas, this recipe is very good. I found the recipe in a local news paper.
Make and share this Fabulous Steak Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 -10 ounces filet of beef, trimed of all fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, heated
- guacamole or avocado, slices
- sour cream
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, as needed
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and add 2 teaspoons olive oil; Add the onions and green peppers and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute more; (this can be done a day ahead and reheated) Or kept warm while steaks are grilling.
- Grill the meat to rare to medium rare as you like; then remove from heat and cut into strips on a cutting board.
- Add the hot cooked steak and cilantro to the warm peppers and onion and mix together in skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, just to blend flavors.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, sour cream, salsa and avocados as garnishes.