Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of a 'Green Beret Cookbook' created by the 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne)wives and family members. We absolutely love this marinade for fajitas. Would like you to give it a try. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Defintely one of our favorites for grilling!
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (3 -4 lb) steak (beef skirt, round steak, or flank steak)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- onion salt
- garlic salt
- Tenderize steak. Have the butcher tenderize steak for you or score with a knife and pound it out. Soak 8 to 12 hours in marinade; put slices of onion and lemons between soaking slabs of meat. Cook slabs over hot coals. Baste with leftover marinade sauce. Cook medium well; cut against the grain in 3/4 inch strips. Serve hot with flour tortillas.
- We usually fill tortillas with onion,sliced meat, and pepper jack cheese. Fold over and grill tortillas on grill for a few minutes.
- We have also added other vegetable such as green and red peppers and mushrooms. Enjoy!