Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A creamy hot dip, this is asked for at every party I attend.
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can spinach, chopped and drained well
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can artichokes, drained and chopped coarsely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a medium saucepan, melt the cheeses together; chop the Monterrey jack up into chunks to make it melt more quickly.
- Add olive oil to help it blend nicely.
- After the cheese is melted, add the spinach and artichokes, add garlic powder and stir well.
- Serve with baguette bread, crackers, or fresh veggies.
I've made this dip before and I did not find it to be stringy or coagulated at all! I used shredded monterey jack and softened cream cheese and it came out perfect.
We did not think this was fabulous at all. It was a big tough blob of cheese and spinach (that's what it seemed like). I made it for our Christmas party and only one person ate it.