Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sloppy Joe recipe is the best my friends and family have ever tasted. Its quick, and great for summer meals. Small kids like this also. Enjoy! This was my grandmothers' recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, brown with onion
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Brown hamburger and onion, add diced celery.
- Drain excess fat.
- Salt and pepper meat mixture.
- Add soup, and rest of ingredients.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns or bread.
This recipe was sweet and a bit boring- I guess kids would like it. I had to brighten it for my taste so I added 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, paprika and hot sauce, then it had a great flavor.
My family really liked this recipe. The flavor reminded me of when I was a child back in the Midwest. I had corn on the cob and a salad to finish off the meal. JA
I liked this recipe, it was easy to make, but a little sweet. Next time I won't use so much brown sugar and worcestershire sauce. But still Yummy!!! I plan to keep this in my collection to use again and again.