Um Safia's Note:
This is another great rhubarb recipe that I found in the March/April edition of the Morrisons magazine! Time to make doesn't include cooling or freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar & heat gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to a simmer & cook for 5-6 minutes, until the rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat & allow to cool.
- 2Put the mascarpone in a bowl & beat in the custard, orange rind & juice until smooth. Fold in the rhubarb & meringue nests until just combined.
- 3Spoon the mixture into a rgid freezer container & cover. Freeze for 1-2 hours, until the mixture starts to harden around the edges & then beat well with a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- 4Returen to the freezer & repeat this process once more. Finally, freeze for 2-3 hours until firm. Remove the ice cream from the freezer around 20 mins before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Rhubarb Meringue Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: