Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is another great rhubarb recipe that I found in the March/April edition of the Morrisons magazine! Time to make doesn't include cooling or freezing time.
- 450 g rhubarb, cut into 5cm lengths
- 125 g caster sugar
- 450 g mascarpone
- 200 ml custard
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 2 meringue nests, crushed
- Put the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar & heat gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to a simmer & cook for 5-6 minutes, until the rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat & allow to cool.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl & beat in the custard, orange rind & juice until smooth. Fold in the rhubarb & meringue nests until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a rgid freezer container & cover. Freeze for 1-2 hours, until the mixture starts to harden around the edges & then beat well with a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- Returen to the freezer & repeat this process once more. Finally, freeze for 2-3 hours until firm. Remove the ice cream from the freezer around 20 mins before serving.