Recipe by Um Safia
This is a delicious looking rhubarb recipe that I found in the March/April edition of the Morrisons magazine!
- 1 kg rhubarb, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 100 g caster sugar
- 175 g plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 75 g demerara sugar
- 50 g sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350°F Arrange the rhubarb in a 2.25 litre baking dish & add the cardamom pods. Scatter the caster sugar over the rhubarb.
- To make the topping, place the flour in a large bowl & using your fingers, rub in the butter to form fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar & flaked almonds, then scatter the mixture evenly over the rhubarb. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the topping is golden.
- Serve with cream, custard, ice cream or mascarpone!