Recipe by txgammi
I got this recipe from an o.r. nurse I worked with many years ago. She had made it for our dept Christmas party. I've made it many many times since and it's always a hit. I double the recipe when taking to a gathering because it disappears so quickly. It's a real winner, I promise!
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons pimientos (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- chili powder
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread generous amount of chili powder on sheet of waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- Grate Cheddar and American cheeses.
- In bowl, combine grated cheeses and remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- (I dig in and use my hands to mix well) Form into ball.
- Roll in chili powder until well coated.
- Place in container with lid.
- Serve with Ritz crackers or any other cracker of choice.