Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great one pan dish that turns a cheap cut of beef into a tender, delicious meal. You can serve it with rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles. Other veggies can be added according to your own tastes.
- 2 lbs thinly sliced round steaks
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 sliced fresh carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced stewed tomatoes (I like the kind with the celery and onions)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon salt free herb and spice seasoning mix (I like Mrs Dash)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 3 cloves of grated fresh garlic
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) package beef stew seasoning (McCormicks)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place steaks in the bottom a baking dish.
- Sprinkle Mrs Dash, garlic, seasoning mix, and pepper over the steaks.
- Lay the veggies over the steaks.
- Pour the beef stock over the steak and veggies.
- Mix the canned tomatoes and mushroom soup. Pour over the steak and veggie mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 2 hours (or until steak is falling apart tender).
- DO NOT add salt to the pan before cooking or you might end up with the dish being too salty.
- Serve with your choice of side dishes.
I used sirloin tip , garlic powder and plenty of Mrs Dash. It looks horrible when put in the oven, but comes out wonderful. Everyone loves it over rice. The famil asked for it again.
Very much enjoyed this!!!! So easy to prepare and hubby's plate was very very clean when he finished! So that right there gives a big plus. Will definetly make again!