Recipe by shonni11
This is a great one pan dish that turns a cheap cut of beef into a tender, delicious meal. You can serve it with rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles. Other veggies can be added according to your own tastes.
Top Review by princessrenee70
I used sirloin tip , garlic powder and plenty of Mrs Dash. It looks horrible when put in the oven, but comes out wonderful. Everyone loves it over rice. The famil asked for it again.
- 2 lbs thinly sliced round steaks
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 sliced fresh carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced stewed tomatoes (I like the kind with the celery and onions)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon salt free herb and spice seasoning mix (I like Mrs Dash)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 3 cloves of grated fresh garlic
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) package beef stew seasoning (McCormicks)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place steaks in the bottom a baking dish.
- Sprinkle Mrs Dash, garlic, seasoning mix, and pepper over the steaks.
- Lay the veggies over the steaks.
- Pour the beef stock over the steak and veggies.
- Mix the canned tomatoes and mushroom soup. Pour over the steak and veggie mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 2 hours (or until steak is falling apart tender).
- DO NOT add salt to the pan before cooking or you might end up with the dish being too salty.
- Serve with your choice of side dishes.