1 hr 5 mins
GREAT! It's lower in fat, but you won't know by the taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together 1 quart water and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl, add chicken, cover and chill for 8 hours.
- 2Drain chicken, rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
- 3Place chicken into a shallow dish.
- 4Pour buttermilk over chicken, turning to coat evenly.
- 5Combine crushed cereal, cajun seasoning, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper in a large zip-lock freezer bag.
- 6Add the chicken to bag, two pieces at a time; seal and shake to coat.
- 7Remove chicken and place on a lightly greased 15x10 inch pan. Repeat with remaining chicken until all are coated evenly.
- 8Bake on lowest oven rack at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- 9DO NOT TURN CHICKEN!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.3
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 907.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning