Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
GREAT! It's lower in fat, but you won't know by the taste!
Make and share this Fabulous Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- Stir together 1 quart water and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl, add chicken, cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Drain chicken, rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
- Place chicken into a shallow dish.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken, turning to coat evenly.
- Combine crushed cereal, cajun seasoning, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper in a large zip-lock freezer bag.
- Add the chicken to bag, two pieces at a time; seal and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken and place on a lightly greased 15x10 inch pan. Repeat with remaining chicken until all are coated evenly.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- DO NOT TURN CHICKEN!
I loved how easy this recipe was to make. Thanks for sharing. I will be using this method again! Thanks for sharing.