Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Of all the chicken dishes I've made, this is in my family's TOP 5 FAVORITES! I found this recipe and tried it for the first time last night and my husband and kids went nuts over how fantastic it was!! It has a unique and fabulous taste. I hope you will try it and rate it so everyone here will know if it's worth trying too!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese (or Feta cheese if you cannot find Roquefort)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (Emeril's Bayou Blast recommended)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil the foil with the olive oil. Set aside.
- Butterfly cut each chicken breast. Divide the cheese and cooked/crumbled bacon evenly among the cavities of each chicken breast. Season the chicken evenly on both sides with the Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, and cayenne and stir well. In a shallow dish, fill with the breadcrumbs. Brush both sides of each piece of chicken with the honey mixture, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Place the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
This was good. I used store brand mustard. IMO, a better quality mustard is needed. I will use more cajun seasoning seasoning next time as well. PAC Spring 2011