Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a HUGE hit at any of our dinner parties when I make it as bread. It's absolutely fabulous as pizza dough and is the single most requested recipe in my repertoire.
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Place all ingredients in order in your bread machine using the regular bread cycle.
- If you want pizza dough, use the"dough" setting and roll out flat on a floured surface.
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Spray your cooking pan with Pam.
- You can also sprinkle a little cornmeal on the pan if you wish.
- Lay dough out on your pan and cover with cling film OR apply a little extra olive oil over the surface of the dough.
- Let rise for 1/2 hour.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, apply toppings and continue baking until toppings are done.
- If you wish to make a freeform loaf: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form loaf on a prepared baking sheet, cover with cling and let rise until doubled.
- Bake until golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped (about 30 minutes).
- Remove to a cooling rack and lightly coat with butter while still hot for a tender crust.
Molly53, I really liked your recipe, except that I needed to add an extra cup of flour in order for the dough to ball up. But, once done, it was wonderful and I will for sure make it again. Thanks for sharing!
I am sorry to only give three stars for this bread....the dough was actually quite dry once it was finished mixing in my machine and then didn't rise (my yeast is not out of date or anything like that) but it did bake up quite nicely and wasn't heavy like some breads are. I wish I could give 3 1/2 stars....only because of the dryness of the dough, otherwise the flavour was good. I will try again since maybe I was just having an off day for bread baking.
I really liked the taste of this. The only problem that I had was that you did not state the bread machine/baking information - what cycle to use or if making it in the oven what temp and how long (for making the bread not the pizza dough). I over cooked it a bit the first time, but the second time I baked it at 350 for 20 min and it came out good. Thanks for sharing.