Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have looked through some wonderful chocolate-orange muffin recipes here but none quite like this one which I have tweaked from Jane Brody. It's a healthy light orangey muffin which is especially nice for breakfast.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (can put less if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use sunflower or corn)
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (freshly squeezed for best results)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix the wet ones into the dry ones until the flour is just moistened. The batter will be quite thin.
- Add chocolate chips ( I use couverture chocolate roughly chopped into chunks).
- Bake at 200c for 20 minutes.
Very yummy, so quick and easy to make. The orange zest really adds some flavour. Choc-orange , one of my favourite combinations. This recipe is a keeper . Thanks for sharing .
Delicious! I used less sugar, just over half a cup and they turned out great. I'll be keeping this recipe for sure!
Fantastic!!! I have made these many times now and they always turn out yummy. Easy and quick to make too. I have used up to a half less sugar and I always use a quarter cup of apple sauce instead of the egg (my son is allergic to egg). The zest makes the flavour intensify - lemon works too. Also used Bay Harvest Mango and Orange Juice (with apple base), it works well although fresh squeezed (or Charlie's Juice) does taste best.