Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have looked through some wonderful chocolate-orange muffin recipes here but none quite like this one which I have tweaked from Jane Brody. It's a healthy light orangey muffin which is especially nice for breakfast.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (can put less if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use sunflower or corn)
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (freshly squeezed for best results)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix the wet ones into the dry ones until the flour is just moistened. The batter will be quite thin.
- Add chocolate chips ( I use couverture chocolate roughly chopped into chunks).
- Bake at 200c for 20 minutes.
Very yummy, so quick and easy to make. The orange zest really adds some flavour. Choc-orange , one of my favourite combinations. This recipe is a keeper . Thanks for sharing .
Fantastic!!! I have made these many times now and they always turn out yummy. Easy and quick to make too. I have used up to a half less sugar and I always use a quarter cup of apple sauce instead of the egg (my son is allergic to egg). The zest makes the flavour intensify - lemon works too. Also used Bay Harvest Mango and Orange Juice (with apple base), it works well although fresh squeezed (or Charlie's Juice) does taste best.
Loved it, loved it, loved it. The girls even helped make this recipe. It was very simple! The only thing that we changed is we replaced the dark chocolate chips with Ghirardelli Chocolate Premium Baking Chips Milk Chocolate.