Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is my own concoction I came up with when craving some Tex-Mex food. I know there are a million nacho recipes out there, but with football season coming up I couldn't resist posting this one. It makes a ton and will feed a crowd of hungry fans!
- 1 (16 ounce) bagauthentic tortilla chips (El Milagro are good)
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- pickled jalapeno pepper
- shredded lettuce
- salsa verde
- sour cream
- Mix together cooked ground beef, beans, cumin, chili powder, salt and minced onion.
- Heat through until completely warmed.
- Place 1/2 bag of tortilla chips on large oven-safe platter.
- Spoon 1/2 of the beef mixture over chips.
- Spoon 1/2 of the cheese sauce, 1/2 can of rotel, and salsa verde (to taste) over beef mixture.
- Repeat layer with rest of chips, beef mixture, rotel, salsa and cheese.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and pickled jalapenos.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish top with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
- Serve warm and enjoy!