1/1 Photo of FABULOUS Muenster Bread
1 hr 15 mins
THIS is SO yummy! Perfect served alongside fresh fruit and a green salad. ENJOY! Prep. time doesn't include rising times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk.
- 2Add butter, sugar, salt& 2 c.
- 3flour; beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8In a large bowl, beat egg and yolk; stir in cheese.
- 9Punch down dough; roll into a 14-16" circle.
- 10Place in a greased 9" round cake pan, letting dough drape over the edges of the pan.
- 11Spoon the cheese mixture into the center of the dough.
- 12Gather dough up over filling in 1 1/2" pleats.
- 13Gently squeeze pleats together at the top and twist to make a top knot.
- 14Allow to rise 10-15 minutes.
- 15Brush loaf with egg white.
- 16Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- 17Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 18Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for FABULOUS Muenster Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4279.8
- Calories from Fat 2253
- Total Fat 250.4 g
- Saturated Fat 154.0 g
- Cholesterol 1064.1 mg
- Sodium 6242.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 334.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 171.5 g