Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This cheesecake is all about the silky smooth texture that is the real standout. Cheesecake can take on any flavor, but this is the classic cheesecake dessert. I have a lot of low-calorie cheesecake recipes, but this is the REAL deal.
Top Review by *Pixie*
The title of this recipe says it all! Awesome cheesecake, restaurant quality (if not better!!). I had to make a few subs - when I went looking for graham cracker crumbs I didn't have enough so I used oreo crumbs instead and subbed crushed slivered almonds for the walnuts. I did keep the measurements the same and it worked perfectly. I covered the finished cheesecake with a chocolate glaze and decorated with more almonds. Beautiful to look at, delicious to eat! Thanks for posting this recipe, it definitely will be made again.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (Not Evaporated)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-in springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, flour then vanilla.
- Measure 1-1/2 cups batter into medium bowl. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Spoon half the vanilla batter into prepared pan then half the chocolate batter.
- Repeat process ending with chocolate batter. With metal spatula or table knife, gently swirl batter to marble.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Chill. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.