Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't look at the calories just make it and enjoy it!
- 1 (15 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (4 ounce) German sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 6 cups milk, heated
- In a saucepan, mix condensed milk and chocolate pieces.
- Stir constantly over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Cool to room Temperature.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Use now, or store covered in the fridge for up to one week.
- To make the hot chocolate spoon a 1/4 cup of chocolate mix into a mug, add 1/2 cup of hot milk, stir and enjoy.
this is exactly the hot chocolate i remember as a child. i serve this at the hotel i work at, and each batch sells out almost instantly. anyone who thinks this is too rich, should not be looking up hot chocolate recipes, as this is the best one i have found
This Hot Chocolate was so rich and creamy. It was really fantastic and this is comming from not much of a chocolate lover. Thanks.
We made this last year on Christmas night and it was a huge crowd pleaser. After folding in the whipped cream, I added all the milk and heated until the temp I wanted to serve. Came looking for it again this season and thought I would tell everyone how yummy it is.