Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe makes a loaf of bread that is high rising, soft textured, slices well, and keeps well too. All the qualities we get in store bought bread but, warm and fresh out of the bread machine, at a fraction of the cost too. I make this recipe 3 to 4 times a week. You will love this!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (stir spoon around in warm milk to get all the honey)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (or amount specified by yeast for 3 cups flour)
- Place ingredients in bread pan in order specified by your manual.
- Use the white bread and light crust setting.
- Press start.
- Your dough should be slightly tacky to the touch and soft when you press down on it, like playdoe when you first open it. If too dry add warm milk 1 teaspoon at a time. If too wet add white flour 1 Tablespoon at a time.
WOW. I love the texture and taste. The softness and density was just right and sliced beautifully without falling apart. The flavor was great...some breads just don't seem to have much flavor. Followed the recipe except for I used 1 c. of white bread flour and 2 c. AP flour. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will make it often.
Love love love this bread! I added extra honey and it was phenomenal! This is now my go to! Husband approved (:
Tasted good, but needed significantly more honey. I only like it toasted, too. With honey in the title, I expected more of a sweet flavor from it, but I should have suspected with the small amount asked for in the recipe, that this wouldn't have a sweet taste. If I come back to the recipe it will require some adjustments to get an enjoyable result.