Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
beautiful on a warm summers day served with a fresh crisp salad & a glass of white wine...mmm, delicious!...
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup runny honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 grated lemon, zest of (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded &, finely chopped (optional)
- black pepper
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- olive oil
- recipe from 'bill's food' tv programme, saturday mornings on bbc2!
- firstly, add a little olive oil, the finely chopped chilli & chicken to a roasting tray, stir & roast in the oven on a relatively high heat (ie. 190 degrees) for 20 minutes approx'. whilst your chicken is cooking, make the coating by adding to a jug the honey, mustard, lemon zest (optional), garlic, some fresh coridander, salt & black pepper & stir thoroughly until blended.
- then, when the chicken has had 20 minutes, remove from the oven, drain off any excess fat & pour coating mixture generously over the chicken.
- stir thoroughly & then place back into the oven for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. adjust cooking times in accordance with your type of oven.
- when ready, plate up the chicken, season to taste if desired & pour any remaining mixture into a serving jug & serve garnished with the remainder of the finely chopped fresh coriander, a fresh crisp salad & a glass of white wine. add any extra coating if desired once food has been plated up -- delicious! --
- ingredients listed are for 1 person as a main meal or 2 as a snack! -- enjoy! -- .
This was fantastic! What great flavors! I made this with bone-in chicken. I used a drop of lemon juice in lieu of the lemon zest. Note for Americans: 190 degrees celsius is 375 degrees fahrenheit
This is truly a Fabulous recipe! I made it just as it was posted and we loved it!I used boneless chicken breasts. The next day I used the little chicken I had left warmed over and in a pita for lunch. It was just as good the next day! Thanks for sharing the recipe.* Made for PAC.
I tried this last night and stuck to the recipe. It was delicious. My husband raved about it all night!!! Thank you! Lesley F