Recipe by Kim in Walnut Creek
This apetizer is so popular that I now make it for nearly every party, as do many of my friends. The recipe is from the New Basics Cookbook and is positively delicious (and easy!).
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and lemon juice.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer in a shallow broiling pan (don't use flat sheet as the butter will overflow the side.) Spread the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Broil until the shrimp are glazed and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Skewer with toothpicks and serve immediately.