1/3 Photos of Fabulous Grilled Chicken Spiedini
Chris from Kansas's Note:
We love having chicken spiedini at a local italian restaurant. I found this recipe in our local newspaper and gave it a try. We thought it was great and I hope you will too. It's a good choice for a summer cook-out. If I am short on time, I prepare the chicken as directed, but skip the rolling/skewering and simply grill it. Just as tasty and very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap; pound chicken gently with mallet until very thin (about 1/8 inch thick).
- 2On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, lemon peel and garlic.
- 3In shallow dish, combine olive oil and melted butter.
- 4Dip chicken into butter mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- 5Tightly roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks, if needed.
- 6Cut into 1-inch-thick pieces; thread onto metal skewer.
- 7Remove wooden picks.
- 8Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 9To grill; Place skewers on lightly greased grid over medium hot coals.
- 10Cover and grill for 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- 11Note: To reduce fat and calories, substitute 1/4 cup buttermilk for the butter/oil mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Grilled Chicken Spiedini
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 667.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: