Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mmmmm.... cheesy, buttery and garlicy.... what could be yummier!!!
- 6 hot dog buns
- 200 g margarine
- 59.14 ml olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 59.14 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml finely chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius (not sure how hot this is in Fahrenheit).
- Slice each bun into 3/4 inch slices (if you slice on an angle it will make the actual pieces bigger)and place on a baking tray covered in baking paper.
- Crush the garlic, add to the combined margarine, oil, parmesan and parsley. Mix well.
- Spread thickly onto the slices of bread and bake in the oven checking every 2 minutes or so. Timing will depend on how crisp you like your bread. Not usually longer than 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with anything!
- Tip: Don't be scared to put on too much of the garlic mix -- remember that it has parmesan and parsley in it which bulks it up!
Very good! Great idea using hot dog buns! I will be making this again! Thanks for posting.
This was GREAT! I love being able to use up left over buns. Perfect size for munching on. I think next time I will add more garlic, but the recipe is really good as is. Thanks!
I really like the idea of using hotdog buns for garlic bread. They taste just as fresh as fresh bread, but dont get hard quickly. Will use often! Thanks!!