Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These fruity, low fat cookie bars are great for a snack or light dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup peeled chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine 1 ¼ cup flour, ½ cup sugar, 1/3 cup applesauce, and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In separate bowl combine fruit, remaining applesauce, whole egg, egg white, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine remaining sugar, remaining flour, and cinnamon; add to fruit mixture and stir lightly.
- Press half of crumb mixture into bottom of sprayed 9x13 inch baking pan; top with fruit mixture and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned; broil, 4 inches from heat, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes.