Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Pampered Chef's Kids in the Kitchen cookbook. Fun breakfast dish.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) cansliced peach halves in syrup
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can peach nectar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Drain peaches, reserving the juice.
- Chop peaches. Add chopped peaches, nectar and strawberries to medium bowl and stir.
- Divide mixture evenly among 3 ice shaver tubs and cover with lids.
- Place tubs in freezer and freeze until firm (about 6 hours.).
- Cut cantaloupe into 8 wedges.
- Place a chilled bowl under the ice shaver to catch shavings.
- Remove frozen mixture from 1 tub and shave with ice shaver.
- Using ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop of shaved fruit mixture in each cantaloupe wedge. Serve immediately.
- Save the 2 remaining tubs of frozen fruit mixture to make this breakfast treat again or to enjoy for a snack or dessert.
I had every intention of making the recipe as written, but had a bunch of teenagers who didn't want to wait through the freezing process. As a result, I put the peaches, peach nectar and still-frozen strawberries in the blender and made smoothies. The peach/strawberry combination was delicious!