Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is junk-food at its best - quick, inexpensive, filling, hearty, and fun! :-) It's also super easy to whip up and very kid and family-friendly! Great for dinner, lunch, potlucks, or sports-watching parties! A little secret: I almost always make this with chili from Wendy's -- it makes for an extra yummy treat!
- Frito Scoops
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned chili or 2 -3 cups chili, of your choice
- 1⁄2 onion, diced finely
- diced jalapeno (optional)
- Cover bottom of casserole dish with Frito scoops.
- Cover Fritos with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour chili over Fritos and cheese.
- Top with more cheese.
- Sprinkle with diced onions, and sliced jalapeños (jalapeños are optional, depending on your desired heat level).
- Bake in 350°F over until cheese is melted and pie is well heated through (can also be zapped in the microwave, as alternative way of cooking).
Yum, this is definitely junk food at its finest! Thanks for posting this recipe, it was easy to throw together and kept me from running out and getting fast food on a lazy weekend!