Chez Ernesto's Note:
This is a family favorite. Crunchy outside, moist and delicious inside!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a pan on the stove with about a 1/4 inch layer of the oil on medium heat.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Add eggs and milk and mix well, consistency should be a very thin pancake or crepe batter.
- 4Cut toast in half diagonally to form triangles.
- 5Dip pieces of toast and allow to soak for about ten seconds. This is very important!
- 6SLOWLY lower into oil to avoid splashing. When edges turn golden brown, turn over with a slotted spatula and finish cooking. Remove to a plate or platter. Add more oil as needed.
- 7You can hold these in a warm oven to serve all at once or serve as they finish. Dust with the powdered sugar and serve with syrup and butter or your favorite fruit topping or compote.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 1496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Texas toast thick bread