Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a family favorite. Crunchy outside, moist and delicious inside!
Make and share this Fabulous French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare a pan on the stove with about a 1/4 inch layer of the oil on medium heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and milk and mix well, consistency should be a very thin pancake or crepe batter.
- Cut toast in half diagonally to form triangles.
- Dip pieces of toast and allow to soak for about ten seconds. This is very important!
- SLOWLY lower into oil to avoid splashing. When edges turn golden brown, turn over with a slotted spatula and finish cooking. Remove to a plate or platter. Add more oil as needed.
- You can hold these in a warm oven to serve all at once or serve as they finish. Dust with the powdered sugar and serve with syrup and butter or your favorite fruit topping or compote.