Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
What's so French about this toast, anyway? This recipe is both delicious and very easy to prepare. For extra flavor, try using raisin bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 -10 bread, slices
- fruit (garnish)
- In a large, whisk together the milk, flour, yeast, sweetener, and cinnamon vigourously.
- Soak 1 slice of bread in batter until batter is gone.
- In non-stick pan-lightly brown both sides of bread on low-medium heat.
- Garnish with fruit and maple syrup.
I used homemade almond milk instead of soy milk and it turned out great. Also, if I don't have it on hand, I leave out the nutritional yeast.
yummmm. you won't miss the eggs. it is especially good with maple flavoring added to the batter! (not maple syrup, but maple extract)