24 hrs 35 mins
An overnight brownie recipe that is worth the wait. These brownies are dense and fudgy. More of an adult taste, these treats are not very sweet and make a great pairing with a good cup of coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan by lining it with foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray or brushing it with vegetable oil.
- 3Melt the semisweet chocolate and the butter in a double boiler (a pan set over a hot water bath); stir until smooth.
- 4Add vanilla and cinnamon; stir thoroughly to combine.
- 5Remove mixture from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- 6In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the eggs on high speed until very frothy and about triple in volume (approximately 5 minutes).
- 7Fold half of the beaten eggs into the chocolate mixture and combine.
- 8Then fold in the remaining egg.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- 10Place the pan of brownie batter into a larger pan, like a roasting pan and fill that pan with hot water half way up the side of the smaller pan containing the batter.
- 11Place the pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 12Turn off the oven but keep the brownies in the closed oven for another 10 minutes.
- 13After 10 minutes, remove the brownies pan from the larger water bath pan and place it on a wire rack to cool while making the glaze.
- 14To make the glaze, heat the cream and the dark chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- 15Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 16Pour the hot glaze over the brownies and smooth it out with a spatula.
- 17Set the pan aside to cool completely.
- 18When cool, cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 19Cut chilled brownie into 12 squares.
- 20Brownies taste best when allowed to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Flourless Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.3
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 153.2 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g