Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple yet fabulous recipe for a quick dinner with lots of flavor. You can substitute any mild white fish for the flounder. Served with a green vegetable and rice, it makes a lovely dinner.
- 24 ounces flounder fillets
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions
- In a bowl combine honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Lay out flounder fillets, in single layer, on greased baking dish.
- Season with pepper.
- Pour honey mixture over top of fillets.
- Bake, in preheated 400°F oven, for 12 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and diced green onions.
This dish was really good. I took berry271's advise and only used 1/4 cup of honey. I didn't have green onions so I added green peppers and yellow onions. I also didn't have the sesame seeds but we didn't seem to miss it. We had it will steamed broccoli and yellow rice. Maybe next time i will add the sesame seeds...but the Hubby loved it!
Had for supper Monday night with broccoli and brown rice. Simple and tasty. I only used 1/4 cup of honey, as that was all we had on hand, but it was good as is, and I wouldn't see a need to use the full 1/2 cup. I also forgot to sprinkle on the sesame seeds and green onions, but would try at least the sesame seeds in the future.
Very good. I reduced the honey to 1/4 cup. Made it again to put over pork. Everyone enjoyed it.