Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe a Cuisine Tonight Magazine. And I have to agree these tacos are FABULOUS! You have to try them!! I make them about twice a month! Most of the time it makes more than it says it does.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb white fish fillet (Tilapia works best)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cabbage Slaw: Whisk vinegar, oil, and mustard together in a large bowl. Add cabbage and parsley, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve. Make ahead of time, this gives the slaw time to develop flavor.
- Tartar Sauce: Puree ingredients for the tartar sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth; chill until serving.
- Fish: Prepare fish by cutting fillets into 1x3" strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Combine eggs and milk in a shallow dish.Place flour on a plate and panko on another plate.
- Dredge each fish strip in flour, tapping off excess. Dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip back into dish. Coat with panko, pressing crumbs to adhere.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil to 360°F in a pan. Fry half the fish on both sides until golden, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; keep warm in a 200°F oven.
- Repeat with remaining fish strips.
- Tortillas: Fry each tortilla in 1/2 teaspoons oil in a skillet.
- Assemble tacos with fish and slaw.
- Top with tartar sauce.
My favorite recipe for fish tacos.