- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour or 591.47 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 177.44 ml dried fig, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease 18 standard-size muffin cups (2 1/2 inches) or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gently mix in the wet ingredients, until just moistened.
- Gently fold in figs.
- Pour batter into muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean and the tops are golden.
- Cool on a rack in the tins for 5 minutes, then take out of the tins and cool completely on the rack or serve warm.
- -OAMC instructions- Bake as directed and cool completely.
- Wrap the muffins tightly in foil and place ina freeser bag for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, heat muffins in foil for about 15-18 minutes or until warm in a 300F oven.