Recipe by Evie*
This was a popular dish when my kids had their cooking classes at school. Became a family favourite.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was delicious and looked very pretty on the plate! I was searching for something to use up some ingredients I had lying around and never dreamed I would find one that contained all of them (namely zucchini, a small amount of cream, a can of creamed corn, and some bacon). This may sound like an unusual combination, but the taste is excellent and unique. Think of this as Fettucine Alfredo went to the Farm Stand. Refreshingly different and not heavy, despite the cream. Note: I drained most of the bacon fat before adding the mushrooms and corn.
- 375 g fettuccine
- 4 slices bacon (rindless)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (130 g) can creamed corn
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil fettuccine in a large pot of salted water until cooked. (about 10-12 minutes).
- Chop bacon, fry gently in a frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and corn.
- Slice zucchini into rounds and add to pan with the cream.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spring onions and parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and mix well.